If you are looking to purchase a property, understanding all the mortgage options available to you can seem overwhelming. That’s where I come in, I do this every day, and I love it. I will help you make sense of all the numbers and provide you with options that make sense to your specific financial situation and arrange the mortgage that meets your goals. Find out why my clients tell their friends Ryan Boughen Is Your Best Regina Mortgage Broker.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When should I come see you? Before I find a house to purchase or after I’ve already found the house of my dreams?
- This is a very common question and I like to say that anytime is a good time – we meet people at many stops along the initial home purchasing process! Yes, the best time is to probably come see us and get pre approved for a mortgage before you start your home search, so you know what budget you’re working within. However, you may find a house you want to buy first, and then come see our team to get approved so you can make an offer on the property.
What happens during the mortgage process?
- If we haven’t met before then I aways start with an Introduction. These are important to me as many of my clients come through word of mouth. I want you to feel the same way about me as the person who referred you to me does!
- Next we will have an Exploratory Meeting. This is an opportunity to discuss concerns, questions, and fears you may have about the process of obtaining your mortgage. This is where you will get a list of the items needed from you in order for us to work on securing you a mortgage.
- Explanation & Signing is next. We submit your mortgage request to a lender and once it’s received approval, we will meet or send you the mortgage documents that you need to sign.
- When all documents are fulfilled and signed and we have received final approval from your lender, we will contact you to and your REALTOR® and instruct your lawyer to complete the final steps. Your file is then marked Complete.
- We will then Instruct Your Lawyer to ensure the legal contract is completed. You will have to meet with your lawyer and it is here where the funds for down payment, legal fees including land titles fees, title insurance and PST on CMHC insurance, etc. will be requested by your solicitor to be brought to this meeting, typically via a certified cheque.
- Your Closing date is a very exciting time as it marks the transfer of ownership from the previous owner to you. It also marks the end of endless documents needing to be signed and the beginning of home ownership!